The original house was built in 1880 by Dr Hope when he married Helena Aurora, daughter of the prominent Monger family of Faversham who were land owners and merchants in the district.
Dr Hope was in charge of convict health in York and then in Fremantle. He was later attached to Fremantle hospital and went on to become the first Commissioner of Public Health in WA.
The second stage of building, now the guest wing, was built in 1907 by a family named Rich. In 1982 a major upgrade was completed, bringing the property up to the grand proportions that it is today.
Further recent development of the grounds has resulted in a very elegant country home now set on 6 acres of rural land boasting a 1 acre vineyard of Shiraz grapes.
Beautiful landscaped gardens complement the property and are available for guests to enjoy.